Hi! Do you think you have a chance to make a profit when Facebook’s potentially active audience is more than 1.84 billion people? This figure corresponds to the data for the end of 2020. Compare the numbers with China’s population of 1.4 billion. You have a huge chance. But there are 2 crucial points to mention.
You will get a return from the group using native affiliate links in an average of a year. And to do this, you need to “feed” subscribers daily, write texts, accompany them with appealing photos and invest some money to promote your publications.
Investments in advertising can pay off in 2 weeks, provided that the ad campaign is properly developed, taking into account the sophisticated rules of Facebook.
The latter option is more risky, but much more profitable, does not require much time and labor. You just need to know HOW Facebook ads for affiliate marketing actually work, so that Facebook doesn’t block your account “for suspicious activity and violations.”
Yes, Facebook is not suitable for lazy people and fans of freebies, because a serious tool requires a thoughtful attitude. But for the specialists who are set up for long-term work in affiliate marketing, this is the Klondike, a place where gold is lying under their feet.
Our article will help beginners to start without obstacles, while experienced affiliate marketing specialists will learn how to eliminate errors in the work and increase the conversion rate and ROI. So, let’s start!
Table of contents
- 1 How does Facebook Ads differ from other types of advertising
- 2 Choosing an offer
- 3 How Facebook’s advertising algorithm works
- 4 Creating and configuring Ads Manager and BM
- 5 Facebook bans
- 6 Advertising campaign structure
- 7 Audiences
- 8 Creating advertising creatives for FacebookADS
- 9 Facebook Pixel
- 10 Advertising objectives
- 11 Launching a test ad campaign
- 12 Facebook Ads analytics
- 13 FAQs
How does Facebook Ads differ from other types of advertising
Facebook Ads is one of the best options for affiliate marketing managers:
- detailed targeting: you can specify target audience by region, relationship status, age;
- intuitive setup;
- good choice of ad formats;
- effective help for artificial intelligence Facebook, when it is enough to set the general characteristics of the target audience, while the rest (where, when and how often the ad will be displayed) is determined by algorithms;
There is nothing similar in other social networks.
Search advertising – ads can be shown to those who enter the desired queries in the search bar, and in a certain GEO. In GoogleAds, the user’s location is determined up to a radius around a certain point on the map. Targeting in search ads is mainly the selection of the desired queries and GEO. The quality of the traffic (i.e. the conversion after switching to the landing page) is great.
If a person enters “buy something” in the search bar, and we show an ad “discounts on this something”, then of course we get a very targeted audience. However, this is not cheap at all. In the US, the cost of a click on the search can reach up to $ 300. Moreover, consider rules and moderation – GoogleAds is not that easy to fool.
Advertising on social networks and on Facebook, in particular, differ in targeting settings. We can specify the audience by age, interests, and social status. As if it was in real life, according to one or another data about a person. Such targeting, of course, is not as accurate as the one set for the search advertising, but with the proper skill, it is no less effective, while the cost is lower.
For example, you can select divorced men, aged 40+, who are subscribed to dating communities, and show them ads with dating offers. We can find women who delivered a baby within the previous 6-12 month, who are members of healthy nutrition communities and offer them offers of products for weight loss. This is the main strength of Facebook Ads.
Other types of advertising, such as Push, native advertising, and teaser networks, have much more limited targeting capabilities, and therefore the quality of traffic there is worse.
Choosing an offer
Ordinary people who are interested in their own health, beauty, and relationships spend their time on Facebook. They are looking for information on how to organize their life, improve their skills, spend leisure time and improve their financial situation. Therefore, the following product categories sell well here:
- products and services for personal health and beauty (attention: there are very strict restrictions on the advertising campaign);
- products and services for weight loss (according to the rules of Facebook targeting people over 18 years old);
- educational services (with restrictions according to the rules, of course);
- adult products and services;
- financial services (should not be associated with fraudulent schemes).
Take the United States as an example. For any product there is its own (big!) audience, since at the end of 2020, there were 223.03 million registered users.
A quarter of all Facebook users in the United States are young people at the age of 25-34. They are happy to buy gadgets, mobile apps and games, educational programs, and financial services. For an audience of 45+, you can sell joint products, anti-wrinkle creams, and health-supporting drugs.
We come to Facebook to communicate, we are ready for new acquaintances, sometimes even more than in real life. Advertising of dating resources pays off, in our partner network, the ROI of such companies, as a rule, is 150-170%.
There are also nuances. Facebook is a very strict platform. You can’t sell weapons here (but you can administer a community of amateur collectors). Casino advertising is prohibited, but if you approach the issue creatively, do not” hit the forehead ” with the inscription and video roulette, and use special techniques and specialized services for work, you can sell services to an audience of 18+, since the offer is entertainment and possible earnings.
According to LeadBit statistics, 90% of arbitrageurs earn very well on such products and services. The ban/restrictions on Facebook only fuel interest, so if the goal is to get 1-4 thousand dollars in a couple of weeks, pay attention to such offers.
How Facebook’s advertising algorithm works
Of the 3 possible buying types (TRP, auction, reach and frequency), only the auction is available for affiliate marketing specialists. Facebook wouldn’t be Facebook if it hadn’t decided to create its own rules here, too:
- auction – Facebook determines which ads are best to be shown to a particular person at a specific time;
- wins ad which can guarantee maximum total value (this is a secret behind seven seals, calculated by a special algorithm);
- total value depends on:
- the quality and relevance of the ad. Look at the Relevance Score from time to time, although Facebook claims that it does not participate in the auction;
- the size of the bid, i.e. the price you are willing to pay;
- the approximate frequency of actions, i.e. the probability that the client will perform the desired action according to the specified campaign goal;
- the winning bid is the bid not declared by the advertiser, but the “second” bid +1 cent (the principle of the second bid, when the loser’s bid is used as the base for calculations).
If you carefully study the potential audience, you can determine the time of its activity and show the ad at this hour. If you look at the situation from the position of Facebook, then at a certain time there is a crowd of people who want to show their ad.
The competition is growing, and the price per impression will be higher. Some people will not get a place, then advertising money is practically not spent (your ads are not shown). Therefore, you need to be able to adjust the bid.
There are only 2 bids on Facebook (specified in the ad campaign settings):
- lowest cost (the default) with the ability to set a bid cap;
- target cost (hold on to the average cost).
Creating and configuring Ads Manager and BM
My friend, who has been working in affiliate marketing for several years, recently received a ban from Facebook (the age of the lovingly grown account was 3 years!). Oh, bastard. A detailed analysis of what had happened revealed a couple of significant details that need to be done at the stage of creating the page. Therefore, specialists with experience, listen: these tips will be useful to you.
Creating a personal Facebook account
A personal Facebook page is suitable for promoting nutra offers (“white” or “legal” ones, i.e. with accompanying documents, offers for beauty and health), educational courses, and children’s products. You can also try to promote gaming, if you have a creative – don’t waste your time.
If you don’t know anything about Facebook (this is unlikely, but still), to create a personal page, you need to register and, if you have your own website, mark the automatic publication of announcements. From the first step, Facebook begins to collect:
- your personal data (gender, date of birth, e-mail, phone number, relationship status);
- additional information about your preferences (language, currency via cookies, interaction with advertising, tastes and preferences for choosing content;
- IP and technical parameters of the gadget (for example, the number of the desktop motherboard, the model of the processor and video card).
And then Facebook uses special programs to track actions OUTSIDE the network. Go to the page settings and download a copy of the data (an unpleasant surprise is guaranteed). Facebook is a commercial platform that makes money by selling potential buyers. Therefore, the owner of a personal page is considered as a potential consumer, but not a seller (the site receives income from advertising campaigns and is not going to become a voluntary assistant to an affiliate marketing specialist).
A personal page is not suitable for promoting affiliate marketing links (and is prohibited for business by the Facebook rules). You should choose a destination, such as wellness (not a copy of the brands). Immediately there will be a problem with creatives.
You need a “live” product, you need to minimize the click-through links, and you need to prove yourself a stupid consumer. For this, my friend received a ban: while she quietly drove traffic to creams a la home cosmetics laboratory, intensively diluting the content with entertaining texts, funny stories and photos with cats, there was a small income. But as soon as she was actively interested in business pages, an advertising campaign and … in sites “how to avoid Facebook taxes” – the page was blocked for suspicious activity.
Experts with experience know that accounts have to be purchased. They can be bought in bundles for cents, especially with the GEO of the Russian Federation, then you can “warm them up”, imitating the activities of living people.
A starting price for a really good account is $5:
- European GEO;
- cookies included (you need to insert them in the browser);
- with a photo and (very rarely) scans of documents.
In this case, you do not need to fill out a form on the page and do not waste time filling it with content. You can immediately create a business page (which cannot be created without a personal page) and launch an advertising campaign.
Creating a Facebook Business page
There is nothing complicated in creating a business page. After completing the registration, click on the following buttons in the upper panel: “Create” – “Page” – category “Company or brand”. If possible, you need to fill in the fields (selectively take from the landing page corresponding to the promoted offer), make a cover (picture in the title), link the website, select the action button (for example, subscribe). For gray offers, you can simulate the promotion of an online store, then you need to create a site to which users will be sent.
In Instagram, select “Instagram ads” in the settings (at the top right of the page). I do not recommend that affiliate marketers link accounts. The less movement, the better.
Payments to Facebook are configured once, then you will not be able to change the payment method:
- manually (Alipay and Chinese yuan, Qiwi and ruble, Multibanco and euro for Portugal…), when you deposit money to the balance, and the platform debits the funds once a day. The billing threshold (one-time funds deducted by the platform for advertising) and the limit will not be set. Facebook accumulates $ 25 or 7 days, then issues an invoice, which may come with a delay. To get started, you need to deposit funds to the balance.
- automatically. When choosing PayPal, the card (debit or credit) amount will be debited upon reaching billing and, once a month, the amount of unpaid expenses without your participation.
The payment is set up when creating an ad, where you need to specify the country, currency, appropriate payment method, and minimum budget. Account information is stored in Ads Manager, Billing section, Transaction History.
Setting the necessary limits
The limit is necessary so as not to go into the negative. This is an interim budget for testing or an advertising campaign budget.
On the part of Facebook, a dynamic mode is set for a day – $ 50, which increases after the account is checked by moderation. It is worth considering that the amount allocated for testing the offer is 4-5 times more than the estimated profit for the lead. Take ULTRAXMED CBD GUMMIES as an example. LeadBit pays up to $58 per a lead, so be ready to prepare 58*4 = $232 to run a test.
The limit of Facebook ad impressions is 250 times a day, and a full-fledged test mode may take several weeks. There are several options for “breaking through”on the network. They do not always work. The best is slow farming with paid content promotion. It takes almost a month, but due to the smooth increase in the number of ads, a good reputation is gained.
Facebook taxes and how to avoid them
Facebook is considered a tax agent, withholding VAT from an advertising campaign over the budget, if this is required by the GEO, where the ad is displayed. For example, billing – $ 100, the VAT rate is 20%. The money will not be spent faster, but when the budget reaches the limit, Facebook will bill 20%. In total, you need to pay $ 120. The VAT rate depends on the country specified in the profile.
The easiest thing to do is to change the country at the stage of farming the account, first specifying whether there is a tax or not. The second option: select geo “Belarus” and indicate that the company is a legal entity. Who works, who doesn’t – all at your own risk.
How to create and configure Business Manager
Business Manager is needed for centralized campaign management, you can create several advertising cabinets in it, and when working as a team, track who is busy with what. But it is not necessary to create it if you work according to the scheme “one acc – one campaign”. Another plus: after creating a personal profile, it is hidden, it will only be visible to friends.
Business Manager is created after the page is created (using a username and password):
- go to the link business.Facebook.com/overview
- в правом верхнем углу страницы выбирают «создать аккаунт»;
- проходят процедуру заполнения требуемых сведений.
After that, they configure the settings, add users, add a page, and link an Instagram account.
Whether you need it is up to you. Keep in mind that working with gray offers will sooner or later be followed by bans.
White and fluffy Facebook strives for world domination and it really can afford to ban everyone, despite the status and social status (hello, Trump and half of the US residents). What to say about the modest affiliate marketers trying to earn their living. I want to say that any step beyond the limits lead to a ban. The good news is that an unpleasant event can be significantly delayed in time, up to the point of disabling the ad campaign on its own.
Facebook advertising rules – what is forbidden to promote
Facebook rules prohibit:
- adult (gels, sex-toys);
- dating services;
- counterfeit goods;
- alcohol and drugs (you need to look at the local legislation, if the campaign is set to a specific geo, where advertising is allowed, Facebook will not consider such an ad a violation);
- tobacco products and related products, including pipes, tobacco, smoking paper;
- prescription drugs (still you can advertise services that help you get rid of addiction);
- weapons, ammunition and explosives (including fireworks);
- surveillance equipment;
- unsafe supplements (for example, growth hormone, steroids, melatonin. However, it is not clear why chitosan, ephedra and comfrey are on the list);
- products that are prohibited for sale for minors (if you set a target of 15-18, the ad will not pass moderation);
- micro-loan services.
There should be no discrimination, aggression, or a hint of hatred and fear in the advertising of affiliate marketing offers.
Have you already given up? No one promised that it would be easy. Think of it as an average level in the game: you need to go to the end, avoiding obstacles.
Types of bans
Most often, the ban is imposed automatically. Employees interfere and manually block your advertising or personal account if you have been reported to support, or they themselves have noticed violations.
Advertising account ban
Usually, a campaign is banned without affecting the personal page, because of violations of the rules on advertising. If it did not pass moderation, it is better to delete it altogether and create a new one.
Main reasons for a ban:
- the business account owner personal data do not match with the bank card holder data;
- the landing page does not match with the ad;
- violation of advertising rules (sensationalism, misleading, discrimination, blurred image, etc.).
You will get a ban if you started an advertising campaign with an empty personal page, created a pool of ads and intend to spend an obscenely large amount on advertising without gaining the trust of the site (by the standards of Facebook, $ 100 is already suspicious).
A temporary ban (1-7 days) can be obtained for increased activity, complaints or violations. Permanent (delete the page) – for gross violations.
Personal account ban
Most likely, if you do not decide to advertise something on your personal page, it is a temporary ban. From 30 minutes to 2 weeks. Your account is temporarily blocked for the following violations::
- multiple IP address changes (hello to everyone who uses the mobile Internet);
- the same type of actions in a large number (for example, 10-12 publications per day or the same type of comments – 15 pieces per hour);
- violations (a lot of hashtags, a request for a repost, etc.).
The account will be permanently banned if there are complaints about the account and gross violations of the rules (calls for violence, discrimination, propaganda of drugs, weapons, alcohol, etc.).
The most common reasons for bans
- the bank card belongs to another person;
- Facebook registration data differs from the data in the bank;
- the geo of the country of registration does not match the geo of the bank card;
- the low limit on the card, which led to the refusal of debiting funds for billing;
- multiple akkuns (not friends or relatives) in one browser;
- use of VPN, Tor in the work;
- different IP addresses (the account must be specially prepared so that Facebook thinks that you travel a lot);
- a sharp increase in the advertising budget;
- the account is on the stop for a long time;
- adding friends to people whose account is in the Black-list of Facebook;
- violations of advertising and copyright rules;
- hacked accounts (bruteforce method);
- dissatisfied reviews on the page or ad;
- the page does not match the ad campaign;
- illegal script on the page;
What should you do if your account was blocked
First, you need to follow the instructions that should appear in the Ads Manager (red field). You were blocked for security reasons. Open the link facebook.com/help/contact/1032538800469748 , fill out the form and send it to technical support.
In the empty field for additional information, you can write: “If I violated anything, I apologize.” They don’t really need words, they need confirmation of your honesty.
Since Facebook regularly changes something, the instructions may not appear. In this case, the site advises you to follow the recommendations provided on the following page Facebook.com/business/help/968402779873601#
2 ways to contact customer support
They say that in connection with the pandemic, Facebook stopped the chat, it is only available for VIP customers of the site. The rest should look for their problem in the help and not distract the celestials from their future affairs.
A chat or message is still available for Commerce Manager (not for everyone), but they only consider their own narrow problems.
Advertising campaign structure
Let’s analyze the advertising campaign and those moments where mistakes are made or to which affiliate marketing specialists do not pay due attention.
The structure of targeted advertising in Facebook ADS
Target means selecting from the mass only those who are more likely to be interested and buy the product. In this case, less money is required for advertising, and the profit is greater. Facebook has created Ads Manager for advertising campaigns – a serious tool with many settings and functions, which is also called “advertising cabinet”.
The ad structure consists of 3 levels:
- campaign level. In most cases, the marketer needs to choose conversion as a goal, auction as a type;
- ad groups (who will see the ad, when, and where). At this level, the audience is segmented;
- placements (ideally no less than 4).
Example. It is planned to advertise a remedy that increases immunity. At the company level, I don’t need brand awareness or traffic. My task: to sell. Therefore, the goal is conversion. The auction is preferable for me, because in the end it turns out to be cheaper.
Who would be interested in my product? All of them! The audience is too wide. I remove the insolvent relatively healthy population under 25, people after 60-they are bought more often by children. The rest are divided into 3 groups:
- 25-30 years old – for this audience, advertising should take into account the interests and communication style of young people;
- 30-40 years old – emphasis on responsibility and care (here you can additionally collect a database, giving an electronic version of a book about health);
- 40-50 years – you can make an emphasis on the fear of aging.
- group 1 – advertising on smartphones (instant articles and feed);
- group 2 – feed, stories, video ads;
- group 3 – right column (desktop), stories.
Facebook is a more flexible platform for advertising, taking payment either for 1000 impressions or for clicks (the latter is most often needed by the arbitrageur). What exactly to choose-it will be clear after testing. If you have a click on each impression – it is more profitable to pay for impressions, not clicks. You can configure the payment method in the additional parameters, in the “When you pay” section.
In Facebook, you can also set limits on the daily and total budget.
Our customers can be grouped by different criteria (age, gender, interests, marital status, etc.) – this is used in targeting. But the group that is supposed to buy is also divided into cold, warm and hot audiences.
Cold, warm and hot audiences
The most capricious audience is cold. They do not know the brand, they already have their favorite products (or they are not going to use them at all), and, in principle, their need/pain is more or less satisfied. In order for the ad to catch such a buyer, the headline works according to the pain and needs:
- only pure unboiled water is perceived by the body as the elixir of life (for water filters);
- a cream that will remove redness and itching after 5 minutes (psoriasis, sunburn);
- extend the pleasure (cream for penis enlargement and for increasing potency).
The cold audience is almost everyone who sees your ad for the first time and is not your Facebook friend. The task of advertising is to create trust. Apply high-quality video and photo images and “expert” text style.
A warm audience is already aware of their needs:
- “Summer is coming soon – I have cellulite, it’s a nightmare. I urgently need to buy a cream!”;
- “The first intimacy – I need a lubricant for intimate games”;
- “My knees hurt, I pulled my back – I can’t go anywhere without local painkillers”.
Often it is a community, a group of interests. They are ready to buy, choose a product – they just need to be carefully stimulated:
- the price is fixed for 7 hours;
- 50% discount;
- 2 for the price of 1.
The expert opinion is crucial:
- It’s a super product! I’ve been using it for 3 days, the skin is smooth, like a baby;
- I’m a professional athlete. I regularly get injured, I use N, the result is excellent;
- wow, the night is fantastic, I want more…
This can not be written in the text of the ad, it must be on the landing page. Therefore, pay attention to this nuance when preparing the landing.
The hot audience (your subscribers and friends) agrees to everything: suffers from the need, is loyal to the brand\product and is ready to buy right now. Interested in the cost, delivery and quality. It is necessary to push to action, considering these points:
- the price is reduced on the occasion of St. Patrick’s Day;
- delivery at our expense;
- owners of champion dogs recommend it.
Advertising campaigns should be different for different audiences, keep this in mind when developing creatives.
How to show ads to your subscribers
In Facebook, this is done by creating a user audience in the advertising cabinet. Check:
- everyone who interacted with the campaign;
- people who interact with any post or ad;
- people who saved any post or ad.
Not all of them are subscribers – but it won’t get any worse.
When the selected audiences overlap each other (i.e., a certain group of people is included in both one audience and another), the effectiveness of advertising decreases. Imagine 2 circles separately and 2 circles partially overlapping:
Select “Assets” in the advertising cabinet, then follow the instructions:
It is almost impossible to achieve a clear division of the audience. Focus on the indicator “no more than 15 %” and make different audiences.
It is easy to narrow or completely exclude the audience for an advertising campaign. In the Audience section, click Exclude people or narrow down even more».
How to quickly adjust the audience
Select the desired audience in the list, then click on “actions” and select the desired one.
Creating advertising creatives for FacebookADS
For a creative person, creating an advertising creative is a pleasure. Often this is a look at the offer from a different angle, a search for the uniqueness of the product and additional application. The task of the creative is to break through the banner blindness, because everyone is so tired of advertising that they no longer pay attention to it. If you manage to create a catchy video or image, then there will be clicks and payment, if not – you will waste your budget and will consider that the offer is unpromising (in this case – no, as other people do succeed to drive traffic there). As an example, I will take the FLEXOPTIMA offer (GEO: Turkey).
How to design ad creative
The general scheme to design a creative is simple:
- search for CA pain. The main target audience is people aged 40-50. There is a desire to prolong youth and delay aging, as well as fear for their health and elderly parents;
- the purpose and structure of the creative (why we do the elements of advertising). The goal is to sell the product (not to build a database and introduce the brand). Preparing an image +text+ a button to go to the site;
- creative must-haves:
- unique photo and video creatives. First, we launch any SPY-service that works on Facebook, so as not to repeat the creativity of competitors and not be punished for copyright infringement.
- how do I find working photos and videos of creatives? For videos and images, you can use YouTube, look at topics that meet the client’s pain, take screenshots or make a video cut. You can also use the Unsplash stock service;
- what services should I use to make unique creatives? I create pictures in Photoshop, you can make it easier by using the templates of the Canva service. The translation will be done using Google, the uniqueness of the text content can be checked on Text.ru.
The cream-balm from the example should restore the body at the cellular level, not just relieve pain. Therefore, from the many videos viewed (diseases of the musculoskeletal system, physical therapy, rehabilitation) I chose a yoga video lesson. A person by age falls into my target audience, and their physical health is impressive.
Facebook checks ads for compliance with the established rules. In automatic mode, they check the text, image, and content of the site’s landing page. The process can last a day. Therefore, before publishing, check whether there is anything aggressive, offensive, or obviously false. Only after that, click on the “Promote” button to launch an ad on Facebook.
A pixel is a special code, or rather, a script that is installed on a site (Google and any self-respecting Internet analytics service use similar things). You can’t put it on the landing page of the offer – it is the property of the affiliate program. You need to buy a domain (preferably an international one, where geo is cheaper, but Facebook takes into account the relevance of the page to the ad and may reject the ad campaign).
For training, you can use free hosting and content management system (for example, WordPress). Create a website, copy the landing page and pre-landing and paste there (if there is one). It is very desirable to fill the site with several pages, even landing pages, since according to the rules of Facebook, the landing page can be considered as an advertisement for an affiliate network.
After that, you can add a pixel there. And this site, not an affiliate landing page, should lead to a link.
Creating and installing a pixel on the site. Checking the pixel setting
Creating a pixel usually takes no more than 3 minutes.
Now you need to install the code on the site. After creating the pixel, click on “Continue setting the pixel” and select “set the code manually”. Copy the code, go to the site PAGE, paste it at the end of the header section BEFORE the CLOSING head tag. After updating the page already on Facebook, click on “Continue” – “Enable automatic search for updates”.
Checking the pixel setting.
Tracking events by URL
You can add a site URL with a suitable call-to-action button to your ad. The number of clicks (and click-throughs) will be displayed in the reports in the Facebook advertising cabinet. This technique is used when there is a modified affiliate link to go to the landing page, but there is no own site.
To work, you compare in quantitative and monetary terms the traffic to the site and the paid requests. As an intermediate option-click-throughs and abandoned requests.
Configuring events. Setting events without code
Facebook offers to track user behavior by standard events.
You can set events without code using the Event Setup Tool in the main menu. select a pixel, click Settings-Event Settings. After opening the configuration tool, you need to specify the URL and click on “open site”. You check the event, confirm or reject it. At the end, do not forget to click on the “Complete setup” button.
An objective is a mini-guide for Facebook: it shows exactly what you expect to get from an advertising campaign. You only need to select one objective for each campaign:
The following objectives will work best for an affiliate marketing specialist:
- consideration – traffic. Use it to generate a flow of people to the site of dating services, finances;
- consideration – download an app. Suits for gaming;
- consideration – lead generation. The goal is to collect data about people, use it for offers that form a database (gifts and sweepstakes);
- conversions – conversions. It is suitable for most affiliate offers, if the goal is to sell the product.
Launching a test ad campaign
Tests of an advertising campaign help you choose the best option. Usually, 2 options for A/B testing are created for one offer, and the best one is chosen from 2. If both options show a low conversion rate, change either the offer, or re-create a new campaign (do not edit).
A \ B testing is available at the campaign creation stage (but Facebook is a friend with a character, updates the tools, this option may not be available). Or use the “Experiments” tool.
Things you should consider:
- If you got 200-300 clicks and no purchases – stop and find out why;
- we compare the statistics of Facebook and affiliate programs at the first sales;
- drive traffic and calculate the profit-cost ratio;
- analyze the costs – if the client comes out expensive in terms of costs, then stop, redo or refuse.
Facebook Ads analytics
Analytics is the daily routine of an affiliate marketing specialist. Do not believe it if someone tells about a person who got up at lunch after a night party, who lazily, with a cup of coffee, checks whether the leads come:
- usually several campaigns are launched;
- A\B testing is carried out for each of them;
- in order not to waste the budget, you need to catch the moment of falling demand in time.
According to reports on Facebook, they check the audience overlaps, do retargeting, and make a decision about stopping the campaign. The effectiveness of the campaign is checked in Ads Manager, in the “Account overview” section.
How to properly analyze the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Reports are important for the marketer:
- performance (for this purpose, a pixel must be installed on the site), we pay attention to the following information:
- the number of targeted actions (going to the site and making a purchase);
- reach – how many people saw the ad in total (the ratio of the number of targeted actions ” to “reach” * 100% shows the percentage of the audience that ordered the product);
- price per result – how much money was spent on advertising until a person makes a purchase;
- purchases on the site – we compare the indicator of Facebook and affiliate programs (they are different), the ratio shows the percentage of the audience who bought the product);
- engagement for videos – if such creatives are used. Look at:
- how many people have viewed the video for at least 15 seconds – initial interest;
- the number and duration of viewing in the breakdown – at what stage did people stop being interested in the display;
- total number of plays;
- engagement for ads with a ring gallery. We look at all the indicators – this is the behavior of users. If necessary, we correct it by replacing some of the images.
Facebook provides a bunch of reports, choose those that are related to the campaign goal (for example, the arbitrageur does not need the “Delivery”report).
Friends, our conversation about creating an advertising campaign on Facebook is not over. While the next article is being prepared for publication, start acting: affiliate marketing is interesting and profitable. In the meantime, you can read the article where we tell you how to make money with it without investment.
1. What format is the best way to start experimenting with advertising?
1. What format is the best way to start experimenting with advertising?
2. How to determine the budget for advertising?
2. How to determine the budget for advertising?
You don’t have to spend all your money. If the results show the inefficiency of advertising, stop the campaign. If everything is good, leave the best one, and the billing will be paid from the profit.